1. Neutron stars can spin at a rate of 600 rotations per second.
2. All of space is completely silent. Sound waves need a medium to travel through. Since there is no atmosphere in space, space will always be eerily silent.
3. There is an uncountable number of stars in the known universe.
4. The Apollo astronauts' footprints on the moon will probably stay there for at least 100 million years.
5. 99% of our solar system's mass is the sun.
6. More energy from the sun hits Earth every hour than the planet uses in a year.
7. If two pieces of the same type of metal touch in space, they will bond and be permanently stuck together.
8. The largest asteroid ever recorded is a mammoth piece of space rock named Ceres. The asteroid is almost 600 miles in diameter.